Sunday, April 29, 2012

Stringing an Element (Pixlr)

This process in Pixlr is very similar to that of photoshop.  You start with a cluster of elements and I placed the curly ribbon on top.  We're going to weave this ribbon through the elements.  But here is what we have to start with:


I decided that I wanted all of the ribbon under the flowers and leaves, so I moved it under those layers.


Now, I want to weave a few little spots under the pink ribbon, to look as if I literally tucked part of it under there.  To do this, I choose the tool on the left that looks like a lasso.  When I click on it, it gives me a menu at the top of two lasso's to choose between. You'll want to choose the lasso that is not round but has a few angles to it.

Once you have activated this (make sure you are on the curly ribbon layer) and click with your mouse along the side of the ribbon and around the part you want to cut like this:

Hint:  Be sure and zoom in (Ctrl +)


Now just hit delete and that section of green is gone.  You can take out more parts or leave it as that.  Here is what my final looks like:


No comments:

Post a Comment